Friday, April 29, 2011

Simple Kitchen Decor - Bean arts!

The rain pour heavily today.  It started at 5 in the morning and it's still going on and on... and on.  Guess I can't do any projects involved painting and outdoor.  So, let's do same simple 5 minutes DIY decor - er.. actually, I don't really have any name for this project... just call it "beanie bottle"... or whatever you wish...

Actually, I came across this idea way earlier, the one I saw they use colorful sand art ... just never a priorities in my DIY list.  Well, just thought I give it a try today and give a bit modification to the material.  I replace the colorful sand with my stock of beans in the kitchen.  I bought a huge supply of beans yesterday... it's in the season and very cheap!

Material :

1.   Any type of beans or grain you have in the kitchen... the colorful the better... (well depends how you like the effect to be) I use some barley, red bean, green bean, black bean, Mr. Bean, corns and some others grains.

2.  Make sure your beans / grain are dry and clean.   Rinse them ... dry under the sun... or oven.. or microwave... hair dryer... ( I know the list can go on... you all are such creative ones!)

3.  A funnel... ( I make one out of the top part of a PVC drinking bottle)





4.  Some old bottles.



Method 

1.  Pour in the beans, you can layer.. mix... or tilt the bottle a bit ... just play with it... and have fun. 





 I let the beans to  Jojo and Mei Mei and this is the result!  ( They spend hour doing this... 5 minutes pouring the beans + 55 minutes picking up and sorting the beans from the floor.)


p/s :  You can add a cute label on it to make it look more cute... but I am proceeding to the next project.... see you soon!




Mei Mei and Jo Jo shared their creations at below parties :


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments...drop a line so I can visit your blog too!